Roofing Safety Measures
Safety is always a must in the construction business and roofing is not the exception. Here at FIXX we take safety as a serious matter and these are some of our precautions:
- Wear Apropiate Protection such as suitable footwear, hats, sunglasses, pants and long-sleeve shirts.
- Don’t work during wet conditions that can cause the roof to be slippery creating a hazardous environment.
- Utilize safety ropes. If you’re working on a roof this way, you can be sure that if you slip, you won’t fall off the roof with no protection.
- Keeping the work area clear
- Relocate any hazards
- Always maintain a 3-point contact on the ladder
- Be sure that all locks on an extension lardder are engaged.
- The proper angle for a ladder is to place its base a quarter of the working length from the wall.
- Create Walkway Paths that can be welded easily to an existing roof. These gives even and safer footing to those who have to traverse up there. And at the end of the day, that should be the first priority of anyone who has to go up on the roof.